The Search for the King
- The search takes on into the Scripture
- Though Herod did not know the scripture, he went to the proper source – scribes and priests.
- He knew there was a religious sign – Scriptures told where.
- The search utilizes natural phenomena – the star
- The star guided or showed the way.
Do we have other events in history where there is a similar use of the divine message and things in the natural realm that verify the event?
- Moses in Egypt – plagues
- Second coming of Christ
- Elijah and rain – I Kings 17 & 18
- Prophets of Baal – I Kings 18:17-46