Theme: God’s providence in bringing Esther to the throne.
Proposition: God is at work in carrying out the details to fulfill His purpose in the world.
Here is a remnant of the people of God living where He did not intend them to be.
A number of sins have been heaped upon the Jews: jealousy, pride, hatred, greed, revenge.
All would appear as though it was the end of these people. Haman in his anger has found a way to eradicate everyone who was an irritation to him. Except for the fact that we have a providential God who is in control and His purpose will be carried out.
- Fear of God’s people (vs 4:3)
- Folly of Haman
- caused by pride
- folly that led to an evil plot
- brought him to his end
- The favor of Queen Esther
- she could not approach the king without favor
- she was the only hope for the Jews (vs 4:14) she could not escape if others did not
- she would place her life on the line (vs 4:16)