The promises of God’s answer in prayer. The prayer of faith is used of God to heal the sick. By analyzing the teaching of James relative to prayer for sickness, we can see that God’s promise includes this need.
- The degree of illness is not mentioned in this promise (verse 14a)
- The initiative required in this promise. Let them call for the elders.
- The prayer effect (verse 15)
- The promise illustrated (verse 17-18)
- Elijah prayed for no rain as a means of punishment against the sins of Ahab (I Kings 17:1)
- He prayed for rain (I Kings 18:42-45)